Garlic & Oregano Chicken with Chipotle Aioli & Rancho Gordo Beans
*This recipe was adapted from Diana Henry* If you can find Mexican Oregano, use that because the flavor profile is different than the European type. If the aioli is too difficult you can mix in chipotle paste with some mayonnaise. If you are feeling adventurous you can make your own chipotle paste from dried Chile Moritas.
GARLIC & OREGANO CHICKEN
- 4 lb whole chicken
- 10 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 T sea salt
- 1-3 red chillies, halved, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 T dried oregano
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon (and some preserved lemons chopped up if you have on hand)
- carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic for roasting below the chicken- large pieces cut are fine, be creative!